The project CSO Dialogue – Platform for Structural Participation in EU Integrations aims to facilitate meaningful and structured participation of the civil society that expresses the views of citizens, to impact key sector reforms in the EU accession process.
Project implementation started on 1.4.2019 and will end on 31.3.2022. In particular, the project is focused on attainment of three objectives, as follows:
1. Establish a platform that will structure participation of civil society organizations in consultations and decision-making process related to the country’s accession in the EU
The project will establish a platform for structural participation of the civil society in institutional consultation mechanisms, thereby increasing availability of information and support for participation in policy-making related to the EU accession process.
2. Enhance formal consultation mechanisms with the civil society
At the same time, the project aims to increase the civil society impact on sector reforms in the EU accession process and will work on all institutional consultation mechanisms between the Government and civil society.
3. Increase the civil society impact on the country’s accession in the EU
The project strives to increase the civil society impact on policies related to the EU accession process by means of evidence-based policy creation, development of policy documents (shadow reports, policy briefs, position statements) in key sectors and reform policies under the EU accession process.
The project will be implemented through several groups of project interventions/activities that include:
- designing a functional web-platform as central point for information dissemination for civil society organizations and institutions;
- conducting research to measure involvement and participation of the civil society;
- organizing events and public consultations;
- monitoring the work of sector working groups by developing analyses and reports;
- designing visual charts on key conclusions from work of sector working groups in order to improve information dissemination to citizens about this process;
- production of video materials, educational videos, tutorials, and the like;
- drafting a declaration on transparency of the negotiations process;
- streaming meetings of the Council for Cooperation between the Government of RNM and Civil Society;
- organizing annual conferences around the issue of civil society participation in sector policy creation and implementation.
Implementation of project activities is expected to increase the scope of available and relevant information to citizens about the EU accession process, but also to ensure better information dissemination and to increase capacity for civil society participation in policy creation. In particular, project activities will establish a formal mechanism for civil society networking, increased transparency of institutions in the EU accession process, and active participation of the civil society in decision-making that will ensure its greater impact on policies.